July 14' Favorites!

July was one of the best months to date. I got married and had the most amazing week of my life! July 2014 will certainly be going in the record books for me :-).

Along the way and a midst (wait is that really two words??) the excitement I managed to gather a few special products that have stood out to me these past 30 days. They are the ones I have reached for the most and been the most excited about! They are all super wearable products that I absolutely love!! Enjoy!

Products Mentioned::
Jouer Sheer Bronzing Tint
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder- Mood Light
Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette-Streak
MAC blush-Raizin
Benefit's Gimme Brow-Light
Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick- Agatha

NEW! Ciate LashLights- 1st Impression

Hi again! Summer time and all but zero responsibility makes me a very productive blogger! I only wish this could be my life all year round! Anyways, today I wanted to share with you my first impressions of the new product from Ciate called LashLights. Ciate is most well-known for its innovative nail products (enter:: Caviar manicure, Shell manicure ect.). This is actually the company's first makeup release to my knowledge, which is exciting, because overall the product is awesome! It's basically a highly pigmented colored mascara that you paint onto the tips of your lashes (ideally) or the whole lash. I promise, this stuff shows up! Retails for $17 and there are currently 6 color options (green, navy blue, aqua, pink, purple, electric blue). I have the light blue (called Surreal).

Oh I almost forgot! I was concerned about removal of the product after wear. First of all, it is definitely waterproof but it CAN be removed with my fav Boscia Makeup Breakup Oil. A little rubbing required but def. do-able :-)

If you like the way it looks in the vid below, act quickly! The Ciate website claims that these are limited in stock!

Creative Way to Use Your Wedding Cards!

Hi there! So for those of you who have gotten married recently you may be asking yourself the same question I asked myself...these wedding cards are SO beautiful, but I really don't want them to just sit in a box forever, what can I do? I really wanted to display my wedding cards somehow and I couldn't find a creative solution that I loved online. So, I meshed a few different ideas that I saw and came up with the concept of a picture frame. The picture frame contains a piece of each and every wedding card that I received. Worried about losing the personal messages? Fear not, we take care of that :-). Now, I am NOT a creatively inclined person by any stretch of the imagination. So, I promise, if I can make this look good, ANYONE can. The entire process takes a few hours and ideally a night for everything to dry, but it's totally worth it. Keep reading to learn how to do it!

What you'll need::
Scissors/ Paper cutter
Wedding Cards

A paper-cutter works wonders for this project. I happened to be at my childhood home where my Dad has a bunch of office material, including one of these giant paper-cutters!
Go through each of your cards and cut down the center fold, separating the pretty front display from the  area with the personal messages.

When you are done splitting all of your cards, you will have two piles: one with all of the fronts and one with all of the backs. Some of your cards may have personalized messages written on the back of the decorated part, if that's the case, don't worry I will show you what to do next.

Using your paper-cutter or scissors, begin cutting the decorated pile of cards into thin ~one inch sections. I cut some cards lengthwise and some widthwise. I suggest you do that same because the different sizes will come in handy.
At this point, if part of the card has a personalized message, simple cut off that part and cut the rest of the card into strips.
You should end up with something like what the picture above depicts.
I kept my strips into rough piles so that I could make sure to utilize strips from each different one for variety.

Next, take your glue and spread it over the corner section of the interior of your picture frame. It should be a thick-ish cardboard type material with a rectangular hole in the center where you place your picture of choice.
Take a variety of different strips and place them over the glue so that they overlap a bit, leaving no white space, and also creating a patchwork look.

This is what it will look like to start. I did not bother cutting the ends off of the strips, it would be way more time consuming and we can do it more quickly later.
As you can see, I used no pattern when choosing my strips-I wanted a very eclectic and random look, nothing too thought-out.

Continue this exact same process...spread out some glue and then choose several strips to lay. I did trim the strips so that they wouldn't overlap into the opening for the picture. It seemed easier just to do it then and there instead of after, but the choice is yours.

Making progress! I have continued laying glue down and then placing random strips on top, all facing the same general direction. The tape roll is holding down a piece of card that was sticking up. As you may notice, I have circled two objects that stand out. I purposely laid the strips so that these images would be intact because I liked them so much- but that is entirely up to you!

Voila! The most difficult and time-consuming part of this project is DONE! Your beautiful masterpiece is almost complete. And yes, for me, this is a beautiful masterpiece because mostly when I try DIY stuff it turns out horribly :-)

Ok, next I placed the backing to the picture frame over my creation along with a heavy box of materials. I wanted everything flattened and secure, so I left it this way overnight.

In the morning, everything was STUCK and secure.

Now it's time to trim those edges, so take a pair of scissors and from the frontside or the backside, start cutting off the pieces that flow over.

All trimmed up and ready for the frame!

Nearing completion! Place your decorated board into the frame.

Secure the backing of the frame over your decorated piece.

All that's left to do now is choose your favorite wedding picture and display your new frame-that has tons of personal meaning!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, please let me know if you have any questions :-)

Special thanks to Layla for the help :-) xxx

L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation + Blush:: Demo and Review!

Hi there! Today I am reviewing for you a drugstore foundation that Youtube beauty guru Nicole Guerriero recently suggested in one of her videos. I hadn't thought to purchase this foundation but sometimes all it takes is a good recommendation to take the plunge and try something :-). I wanted to try the blush as well to see what that was all about. An "optical blurring" claim is always attractive, but you'll see if it actually delivered! Enjoy! XX

Summary of Foundation:
Packaging- Poor Good Great
Color Selection- Thorough, 12 shades in all
Scent- Minimal, slightly of sunscreen
Texture- Standard (not runny or thick)
Coverage- Medium
Finish- Natural
My shade currently: Nude Beige
Blush shade: Soft Peach

My Nespresso Vertuoline:: Info and Demo

Hi there! Well, you know your a certified coffee addict when you make a video about your new coffee machine. My Maid of Honor's family got this machine for me as my wedding gift and I have been so thrilled with it so far. If you love a strong and flavorful cup of coffee thats perfect every time, you may want to consider purchasing this machine!

I did have a Keurig for a while and, while its much cheaper, it seemed to start acting up pretty early on it it's life. It would make half cups of coffee or make cups that had a weird taste. Did I clean it as frequently as I should have? Probably not...but for these reasons I decided to move on from Keurig to greener pastures.

Photo Cred:: blog.Williams-Sonoma.com

The Nespresso Vertuoline makes coffee and espresso using coffee pods similar to the ones used by the Keurig. The pods are pricey at just under $1 per pod (~.95 cents), but if you wake up looking forward to your cup of coffee like I do, it may just be worth it. You can purchase additional accessories such as the Nespresso coffee steamer to create drinks like lattes and cappuccinos...the machine itself does not make those drinks ((which I actually didn't realize until I used it)). I am the only coffee drinker between my husband and I but he enjoys the occasional espresso or cappuccino. This machine works well for me because the pods last quite a while given that I am the only one using them.

Overall, I've really enjoy every single cup of coffee brewed by the Vertuoline. I really hate when I sound like an info-mercial :-/. If your at all interested in how it works and some quick basis about the machine, check out the video below :-)

NEW! Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick 1st Impressions + Demo

Hi everyone! Hope you are all well. I recently purchased two lip colors from Kat Von D's new Studded Kiss Lipstick line. There's a huge array of colors with both matte and metallic/iridescent shades. There are wearable colors and some crazier colors too, like navy blue metallic! The whole collection isn't in stores yet but a couple shades really caught my eye so I purchased them online. I chose Agatha, a very light nude/pink- and Lovecraft, a mauve, berry shade (a la Kylie Jenner). A few shades have already sold out so act quickly if you like them! They retail for $21 at Sephora.

Overall, I really love these lipsticks so far. They are matte, yet hydrating and are comfortable on the lips. Unlike most matte lipsticks, they don't cling to dry patches or go on unevenly and sticky. They really glide on and produce a TON of color pay off. Even if you have "pigmented" lips like me you will have great success with these shades. Which one will you choose for your summer days and nights?!

Enjoy the quick demo video :-)

My Eyeshadow Palette Collection Part 1

Hi everyone! I just love summer don't you? It makes me so happy to see the sun shining and feel the warm air. I wish it wasn't so damn short in my part of the world. Anyways, today I bring to you the first part of my eyeshadow palette collection. I have been "acquiring" palettes for several years now and I have a pretty solid collection at this point so I thought I would let you into my world of hoarding for a short while. If I were to do a 7 deadly sins series...I think this would qualify as gluttony, because it's certainly excessive and indulgent; but, we all have our vices right...? I know I have been on a Youtube kick lately so I really appreciate all of you that take a few minutes to click "play." I am just over 200 subscribers now! No Michelle Phan...but it's a start right? Enjoy the video and don't forget to comment and subscribe :-)

Pinterest Hacks-Super Long Pony Tail

Hi everyone! Fun post for you today! So often we see great looks on Pinterest that not only look gorgeous but SO easy...just 3 simple steps right? But, if your like me, more often than not you try these fantastic looks and realize that they, basically, look awful. Maybe they are more difficult than they look, or they don't work on your hair type, or there is some pivotal step that is not pictured and you get all confused. I decided to start a quest of sharing my investigation of these "Pinterest hacks" with you! Today, together, we are exploring the "super long pony tail." The nifty trick that instantly makes your short, cute ponytail, long and glorious like a horse's mane....something like that. Was it a YEY or a NEY? You decide! XX

Darken Your Foundation For Summer!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the sporadic posts lately, I got MARRIED on Friday July 4th and it has been quite a whirlwind! But SO much fun, it couldn't have gone any better. I will share pictures when I get them back from the photographer :-).

Photo cred: Thefashionthemakeupthecharm.blogspot.com

Last summer, I made the mistake of purchasing a new foundation to match my tanned skin. I bought a drugstore foundation, so not super pricey, but it still ended up being a waste of product and money because I only ended up using it once or twice. So, for this summer I decided to go a different route so that I could use my foundations year-round. I already had some bronzing primers in my makeup arsenal, so I decided to put them to use. I used the trick shown in the video to bronze up my foundation and make it match my skin perfectly no matter how tan I get. Enjoy and don't forget to leave feedback! It's super helpful for me :-).

Thanks for stopping by! XX