My Top 5 Drugstore Mascaras!

Hi! Whether you are a beauty guru or a makeup newbie, most of us purchase mascara at some point or another. It is many of our "if I were stranded on a desert island" product and it can instantly and effectively elevate any look. I mean, who doesn't love longer, fuller lashes?! I have tried a lot, and I mean A LOT of drugstore mascaras...always trying to find the diamond in the ruff (rough?). Well, I can officially say I have found 5 incredible mascaras that are not only affordable but available at your local CVS! Check out my top pics!

Don't forget to stay tuned to the end for my 6th "honorable mention!"

Dorothy Wang (RKOBH) Inspired Full Glam Makeup- Ft. Krissy!

Hi there! Welcome back to my little internet home. I don't know about you, but my guilty pleasure when it comes to reality TV is ..without a doubt...Rich Kids of BH. I mean, who doesn't love watching beautiful people with lots of money run around in California? Every character on RKOBH is glamorous, but today I am channeling Dorothy Wang's smokey eye, flawless-glowing skin, and nude lip on my dear friend Krissy. I had a BLAST doing this makeup, and as you can see in the video, there were tons of giggles happening throughout. I am so siked about this video and I really hope you like it. Give it a share so maybe Dorothy will see it herself!! Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!! xxx

Make Small Eyes Appear BIGGER With Makeup!

Ladiess! Who doesn't want large, wide-awake and gorgeous looking eyes? I certainly do! Throughout the years and my ever-growing obsession with makeup, I've managed to pick up tons of great tips and tricks for exactly this purpose. As someone with smaller eyes myself, I have tested these tips out for myself and have found that they create great results! Grab a drink and a snack, relax and watch this makeup tutorial that shows you step by step how to achieve wider and larger looking eyes :-)

Ghalichi Glam: Lilly's Ghalichi's Live Makeup Seminar Products + Uses

Hi there! Last night I watched Lilly Ghalichi's makeup artist, Bria Valencia, transform her into a glam goddess! For those of you who don't know, Lilly Ghalichi starred on the reality show Shah's of Sunset and is also an entrepreneur, designer and a lawyer (quite accomplished!). The live "seminar" was hosted by Stageit.com and the viewers were able to watch the entire thing in real time. I thought this was really neat. As opposed to viewing a youtube video that has been edited-we got to see EVERY detail that went into the final look from eyeshadow to contour! Although the lighting was a bit sketchy at times, it was fascinating to see a professional makeup artist go from start to finish on completely bare skin. I won't lie, I was entranced for the entire 2 hours! Totally worth the $10.

During the live show, comments were constantly running through the message board to the right of the video. The whole time people were asking for product names to be repeated and what certain things were used for. I tried my best to make note of everything Bria did and the products she used so that I could post it and people who missed some or all of the show had something to reference. I can't wait until another one of these comes around, I really wish lots more celebrities would do them! Here is what I gathered from the live seminar.

Skincare:

Lilly uses Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub and Murad moisturizer, eye cream and sunscreen (she said she uses Murad for everything else aside from the Biore scrub and specified these products in particular).

**No, I did not miss it...Bria didn't use primer or setting spray**
**Makeup powder puff was by Makeup Forever**

Makeup:

Step 1: Foundation-
MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation in NC44 all over the face using a large flat foundation brush. (Lilly said at the end that she also uses NC42 when she is lighter). The foundation was blended with a dry Beauty Blender.

Step 2: Brows-
Lilly's brows were filled in starting at the outer corners and feathering inwards, with
 the least amount of coverage at the ends closest to her nose. Bria used a small angled brush and MAC eyeshadow in Espresso. She then shaped and enhanced the brows using Giella Cosmetics concealer (shade not mentioned). She placed it underneath and above the arch of the brow. This concealer was set with Ben Nye Banana Powder.

Step 3: Eyes
Bria began by shaping the crease and outer corner of the eye with MAC eyeshadow in Cork. For most of the eyes she used fluffy blending brushes of varying shapes and sizes from Sigma. She placed Cork on the outer portion of the lid, through the crease and also on the side of the bridge of the nose.

She then deepened the crease and outer corner color with an Anastasia Beverly Hills plum colored eyeshadow (specific name was not mentioned).

Bria also placed MAC's Museum Bronze loose pigment all over the lid.

Bria continued to build up the smokiness of the look with Cork and the plum color.

She then softened the outer edges of the smokey eye with a peach color made from mixing MAC's Samoa Silk and Soft Brown.

MAC's Blacktrack gel eyeliner was placed close to the lash line and then buffed upwards to create a smokey affect as opposed to a harsh line.

Lilly's lashes were curled using a MAC eyelash curler and mascara was applied using L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Black Lacquer.

Bria came back to the eyes after some face work, but before this she cleaned up all the fall out with a MAC makeup wipe.

Step 4: Concealer

Bria applied concealer next using Ben Nye Cream Foundation in Light Japanese. She applied it underneath the eyes in a triangular shape down to the side of the nostrils and back to the hairline next to the eye.

MAC Mineralize Concealer in NW20 was then applied overtop of the Ben Nye foundation (concealer).

Ben Nye Banana Powder mixed with MAC's Prep and Prime loose powder were applied to set the under-eye concealer.

Step 5: Contour

Bria created Lilly's contour using a MAC cream face product called Copper Beach. Copper Beach was applied underneath the cheekbones, down the sides of the nose, at the tip of the nose, at the jawline, and across the entire forehead.

It was blended using a damp Beauty Blender. Bria used a gentle pressing motion as opposed to a swiping motion to keep the contour intact.

Bria went over the cream contour with MAC's Studio Fix Powder in NW45 (a face powder/foundation for darker skintones) to deepen and set the color.

MAC's Studio Fix Powder in Lilly's color (not specified) was then applied over the concealer.

Step 6: Back to Eyes

Bria then went back to the eyes and applied MAC's Teddy Eyeliner in Lilly's waterline and slightly along the lower lash line.

She then patted Inglot eyeshadow in #52 along the lower lashline to enhance color and smokiness.

Lilly Lashes eyelashes were then applied. Two styles were stacked, Tehran and Paris. They were applied using DUO Dark-Toned Lash Glue.

Step 7: Back to Face

Bria then applied blush using MAC's Honey Jasmine.

Highlighter was placed on the tops of her cheek bones and along the bridge of her nose. Cheekbone highlighters were New Vegas by MAC and I Am Glam by Giella Cosmetics. Highlighter used on her nose was MAC Global Glow.

Step 8: Lips

Bria began by lining Lilly's lips with Inglot lipliner in #854 (brown shade).

MAC NW45 Cream Foundation was applied underneath the center of Lilly's bottom lip to create the illusion of a larger lip.

Lipsticks were then applied using MAC High Tea and Shy Girl.

Inglot lipgloss in #43 (a white gloss) was then applied to the center of the lips to make them appear fuller.

MAC Prep and Prime Powder was used for further highlighting and setting around the face.

Done!!

Additional Info:
Lilly's lighted mirror and vanity are by Vanity Girl Hollywood

Lilly's favorite NUDE LIPSTICKS are:
Myth by MAC
Nude by Dior
Fleshpot by MAC
*applied under a pink or peach gloss*

FAQs:
Why did Bria use a powder puff while applying Lilly's makeup?
Using the powder puff allows Bria to place her hand on Lilly's face for support without disrupting the foundation and creating smudges.

Why was the Beauty Blender dry..why..why...WHYYYY ?
People got so heated about this. First off, Bria is a professional makeup artist working on a celebrity, I'm sure if the Blender is dry there is a valid reason.
What Bria said was that she uses a dry Beauty Blender on products with more emollient (easily blended) formulas. Products with dryer and less emollient formulas are used with a damp Beauty Blender.

Why was the loose powder used (Banana Powder, MAC Prep and Prime powder)?
The powder was used to set the concealer so it stays put for a long time. It was also used to highlight certain areas further.

That's all of the FAQs I can think of right now..please leave any additional questions below and let me know if I left anything out.
Thanks for stopping by, hope this was helpful!xx

Dark Lips + Dewy Skin Sultry Summer Makeup

Hi! There is nothing I love more than experimenting with makeup! Check out my most recent creation featuring rich, dark lips and moisturized, dewy skin. Don't forget the eyes with a smoky, iridescent purple vibe.

Get Ready With Me: Casual Summer Day

Hi! We all know that the best summer days are the lazy ones, and I am as lazy as they get when it comes to getting ready to go out during these hot and humid days. But, we all want to look at least presentable right? There are many days when I skip the makeup completely and go out, but sometimes the beauty Gods beckon just a bit more effort. On those days, you want a quick and simple routine that will pull your look together just enough with minimal effort. Personally, these types of routines are my favorite. Watch the vid and get ready with my awkward self for a casual summer day :-)

Marc Jacobs Smart Wand Tinted Face Stick-1st Impressions

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by :-). Today I have done a quick video for you on the new tinted face balm from Marc Jacobs. (PS--this is now completely sold out at Sephora!).
This product is especially suited towards those seeking hydration and glow for their skin. There are four color options total and I chose the second lightest, Light/Medium. It turned out to be a really great match for my skin currently. The coverage is very sheer and natural so it's not super problematic if the color isn't a perfect match for your skin...after buffing it in it should blend nicely. This is a pricey product at $42. However, the packaging is high quality and very compact making it excellent for traveling. It's also something you could carry around easily in your purse for touch-ups. My biggest concern about this product was how it would wear in the summer heat given how moisturizing it is. I took a lot of precautions, but with those in place it actually wore very nicely and I wasn't a complete oil slick by the end of the night! What helped was an oil controlling primer and a mattifying powder as well as an oil control spray- yes I was not taking any chances! Overall I rated the product a 6/10 in my video...and I think that rating is still accurate after getting some more wear out of it. Watch the video for my first impressions on the product and a first hand look at its application and coverage quality :-).